Below, you’ll find additional resources that should prove useful in crafting your library’s privacy policies. This includes links to the library policies included in the examples and more information about the ALA Privacy Toolkit.
Links to Library Policies Used in this Document
- Monterey Public Library (CA)
- San Francisco Public Library (CA)
- Santa Monica Public Library (CA)
- DC Public Library (DC)
- Pasco County Libraries (FL)
- Boise Public Library (ID)
- Ames Public Library (IA)
- Iowa City Public Library (IA)
- Acton Memorial Library (MA)
- Anne Arundel County (MD)
- Cecil County Public Library (MD)
- Enoch Pratt Free Library (MD)
- Montgomery County (MD)
- St. Mary’s County (MD)
- South Thomastown Public Library (ME)
- Wayne Public Library (NJ)
- New York Public Library (NY)
- Cleveland Heights Public Library (OH)
- Multnomah County Public Library (OR)
- Dormont Public Library (PA)
- Eastern Monroe Public Library (PA)
- San Antonio Public Library (TX)
- Kitsap Regional Library (WA)
- Boulder Junction Public Library (WI)
- Madison Public Library (WI)
- Colorado Library Consortium Public Library Policy Collection – Established to provide small, rural libraries with EASY access to a clearinghouse of policies
Additional Resources About Patron Privacy
The resources listed here are provided to aid you in your search for additional tools and information on how to protect patron privacy. Their inclusion is not an endorsement by our research team.
- OCLC is a global library cooperative that provides resources to the library community. The WebJunction Policies page offers examples of policies from a variety of libraries, as well as webinars such as this one on developing library policy.
- Library Records, Patron Privacy, and Library Policies is an article on the Public Libraries Online about developing library policies around patron privacy and library records.
- The Library Freedom Project is an organization that provides librarians and their communities with privacy literacy resources, such as bookmarks with tips on protecting privacy and a guide for protecting yourself from online harassment.
ALA Privacy Toolkit